Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jen's Quick Tips: Rosemary Mashed Potatoes


I was recently asked if I had any mashed potato recipes, and my response was: "Yes, mash potatoes and add whatever you want."

Really. Cheeses (thanks, Jaci), other veg, ground turkey, bacon obviously. Anything savory can be paired with mashed potatoes.That is the beauty of the mash.

But, if you want to make yours just little bit special, here is a helpful trick to take mashed potatoes to the next level.

When boiling the potatoes, add a generous amount of rosemary sprigs (the more the better in my opinion).

After the potatoes are softened (usually about 25 minutes) carefully remove the rosemary leaving behind just a few clues that it was there.

This will give your potatoes an extra winter-y taste without being overbearing.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any brussel sprout recipes?? I just bought 2 stalks since the farm stand was closing for the winter.

    ReplyDelete